|Information Sheet of Rice Related Project/Program in CARD First Group Countries|
|2. Title (Full name)||Farm Income Enhancement and Forest Conservation Project (FIEFOC)|
|3. Project Location||Not yet fixed (as of March 2009)|
|4. Type of project||2|
|1. Grant, 2. Loan, 3. Technical Coop./Assistance, 4. National budget, 5. Private sector|
|5. Field of support||3||4||5||7|
|1. Policy, 2. R & D, 3. Extension & Training, 4. Production, 5. Marketing
6. Post-harvest, 7. Irrigation, 8. Credit, 9. Seed, 10. Other ( specify below )
|6. Fund sources
|African Development Bank (AfDB)
Nordic Development Fund (NDF)
|7. Budget||Total cost: US$ 76.72 million (EUR 61.4 million)
AfDB: EUR 37.3 million, NDF: EUR 5.0 million
|8. Project duration||Start:||2008|
|9. Goal and objectives||Goal:||To contribute to poverty reduction in Uganda.|
|Obj.:||To improve farm incomes, rural livelihood and food security through sustainable natural resources management and agricultural enterprises development.|
|10. Target beneficiaries||Direct:||Governmental officials, service providers and involved stakeholders|
|Sec.:||communities, civil society, NGOs, CBOs, private investors, users, producers, urban poor, women, unemployed youths, students and business|
|11. Project component (activities)||1.||Support to the Forestry Sector
1) Community Watershed Management
2) Tree Planting
|2.||Agricultural Enterprise Development
1) Soil Fertility Management
2) Small Scale Irrigation and Crop Development
3) Apiculture Promotion
4) Agricultural Marketing
|3.||Support to Project Coordination and Management|
|12. Expected results (outputs)||1.||1) Watershed Management culture by community groups and households develope
2) Enabling environment for households’ participation in tree planting for wood supply and environmental protection created through community mobilisation and capacity building support to the Forestry Sector.
|2.||1) Sustainable crop production promoted through improved soil conservation and fertility management.
2) Small-Scale irrigation and water harvesting techniques developed to support rainfed agriculture and supplement household water requirements.
3) Apiculture promoted to enhance income to farming families and community participation in biodiversity conservation.
4) Agricultural Crops effectively marketed.
|3.||Project Coordination strengthened|
|13. Inputs||1.||Finance activities in the categories of works, goods, services (including training), as well as miscellaneous operating costs|
|14. Implementing agency||Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industries and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Ministry of Water Lands and Environment (MWLE)
|15. Status of the project||3||1. Pipeline, 2. Approved, 3. Ongoing, 4. Completed|
|Keywords:||Marketing, Small scale irrigation, Sustainable crop production, Soil conservation|